The Institute of Aviation Technical Research – the today’s Institute of Aviation was created in 1st August 1926.
The history of the Institute of Aviation stretches back to the re-establishment of Poland’s national sovereignty. In December 1918, Polish authorities created the Department of Science and Technology at the Air Navigation Section of the Ministry of Military Affairs, which in 1919 was renamed to the Department of Scientific and Technical Training, based at the Royal Castle in Warsaw. Its successor was Wojskowa Centrala Badań Lotniczych, created in November 1921. It is the transformation into WCBL at the Institute of Aviation Technical Research on 1st August 1926 that is considered to be the starting date for the history of the Institute of Aviation.
Throughout the whole year 2016 continues the celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the Institute of Aviation. We invite you to read the program of celebrations on www.ilot90.pl and get acquainted with a special offer of the Publishing Houses of the Institute of Aviation: http://ilot.edu.pl/sklep/.
More about the history of the Institute of Aviation: http://ilot.edu.pl/en/history/
The origins of the Institute of Aviation: http://ilot90.pl/poczatki-instytutu-lotnictwa/