On October 19, 2019, the ŁUKASIEWICZ – Institute of Aviation hosted a general, jubilee meeting of members to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the League of Friends of Polish Aviation (LPPL).
During the meeting, topics related to the activities of the association taken over a decade, cooperation with educational institutions and development of interest in aviation among young people were raised.
The meeting was attended by:
- LPPL management headed by the invaluable organizer and vice president Mr. Andrzej Rudiuk,
- members of the LPPL management board,
- the audit committee and the LPPL presidium,
- director of the Bohaterów Narwiku Technical Secondary School No. 9, Ms. Beata Rząca, who is also the vice president of LPPL,
- Ms. Iwona Sawlewicz – an aviation class teacher from Primary School with Integration Departments No. 87 7 PP AK “Garłuch”,
- management of the Warsaw Aviation Senior Club,
- Rafał Żurawski – an employee of the ŁUKASIEWICZ – Institute of Aviation,
- Adam Dziubiński from the Department of Aerodynamics at the ŁUKASIEWICZ – Institute of Aviation, who delivered a lecture during the event entitled “Computational Aerodynamics in Selected Polish Aviation Structures”
- and many invited guests.
The League of Friends of Polish Aviation (LPPL) was founded on March 19, 2009. Its members include experienced aviation engineers, among of them are also former and current employees of ŁUKASIEWICZ – Institute of Aviation.
The association is supported by the authorities of the Włochy district and numerous aviation and school institutions, including: Technical Secondary School No. 9, Primary School with Integration Departments No. 87 7 PP AK “Garłuch”, NOT Museum of Technology and Industry, Warsaw Aeroclub and ŁUKASIEWICZ – Institute of Aviation, which provides the association with premises for LPPL occasional meetings and an aero model club for children and youth.
LPPL’s tasks include:
- bringing together people who want to restore the good traditions of Polish aviation,
- promoting all achievements of Polish aviation,
- popularizing and supporting aviation education, especially among children and youth,
- supporting and practicing air sports (especially by young people),
- supporting the development of the network of aero model club as a forge of future staff, with particular emphasis on remote-controlled models and learning how to pilot them
Photo credit: Andrzej Szymczak