The thirteenth edition of the Safe Flying Forum will be held on March 29, 2018 (Thursday) at 6 p.m. in a building of the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw. The meeting will be devoted to aeronautical phraseology in uncontrolled space.
- receive instructions how to communicate correctly on air frequencies,
- know the significance of conducting a properly and erroneously radio correspondence,
- find out whether FIS is satisfied when you use English and is it difficult to use phraseology in English?
- find out what FIS does, if you do not fly,
- learn that the English phraseology is the easiest in the world,
- know the history and theory of aeronautical phraseology,
- meet face to face with people on the other side of the radio,
- know why in the era of the ongoing digitization of aviation, the use of correct aeronautical phraseology is critical.
The Forum is co-created by Michał Słojewski, the head of FIS and well as: Andrzej Rutkowski and Maciej Dróżdź from the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency.
The special guest will be Anna Borowska, PhD, an assistant professor at the Faculty of Applied Linguistics at the University of Warsaw. The long-term research in the field of aviation communication in English has contributed to the creation of a new field of applied linguistics, called avialinguistics, whose assumptions are described in the book: Avialinguistics: The Study of Language for Aviation Purposes. Currently, Anna Borowska is in charge of the Communication Research Laboratory in Aviation, and the research concerns aeronautical discourse and its elements, as well as language training of operational personnel.
The organizers of the 13th edition of the Safe Flying Forum are: AOPA Poland National Aviation Society, dlapilota.pl portal, and the Unitedsky Aviation School. The forum is co-financed from the PZU SA insurance prevention fund.
Free entry to everyone interested in the topic. Prior registration required (registration form at the bottom of the page). Please note that the number of places is limited.