The Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation was among the leading research institutes in the field of aerospace in Europe, signing a commitment to the European Commission in the framework of EREA (Association of European Research Establishments in Aeronautics). After 25 years, the members of the association renewed the obligation to strengthen cooperation in the field of research into the development of new technologies, confronting contemporary challenges in the field of air transport, education and activities for future generations.
The agreement was signed on June 18, 2019, on the occasion of the EREA 25th anniversary. The ceremony was an important point of the program at the International Paris Air Show in 2019 at Le Bourget – the largest and the most important air show, where representatives of the industrial, scientific and political environment meet.
The signatory institutions were:
- AIT – Austrian Institute of Technology,
- CEiiA – Centre of Engineering and Product Development,
- CIRA – Italian Aerospace Research Center,
- CSEM – Non-profit Swiss research and technology organization,
- DLR – German Aerospace Center,
- FOI – Swedish Defence Research Agency,
- ILOT – Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation,
- INCAS – National Institute for Aerospace Research Romania,
- Gombierno de Espana, Ministerio de Defensa,
- Instituto Nacional de Tecnica Aeroespacial,
- NLR – Royal Netherlands Aerospace Centre,
- ONERA – The French Aerospace Lab,
- VZLU – Czech Aerospace Research Centre.
The event was widely discussed and reported in the German, Dutch, French and Spanish media.
The Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation was represented by: Paweł Stężycki, PhD Eng. – general director and Agata Wierzbińska – key specialist for international development.
The past event is another example of the growing, active involvement of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation in projects of European significance. The Institute’s management and employees are constantly present in European and global institutions such as ACARE, ICAS, EASN, IFAR, CEAS, etc.