On October 16th, the Institute of Aviation will organize the “6thNight at the Institute of Aviation”, the largest educational event in Warsaw, whose aim is to promote aerospace sector in Poland and engineering professions. The event will be held from 5 pm. till 11 pm. at the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw. Admission is free for all guests. The event will be preceded by the 2nd Run of the Institute of Aviation.
– This unusual event is aimed at all fans of aviation, aircraft, space, science, technology, and also at those who are curious and like to actively spend their free time. It’s a real treat for innovation lovers and photographers. Both preschoolers as well as their parents or grandparents will be able to find something interesting for them. This event is for all Warsaw inhabitants, but every year we have many visitors from all over Poland – explains Professor Witold Wisniowski, Director of the Institute of Aviation.
Every year the number of visitors of the Institute of Aviation grows (last edition gathered more than 20 000 people) as well as media interest. During previous events more than 120 companies, institutions and offices dealing with aviation, new technologies and the cosmos in very different ways were presented.
The theme of this year’s event is science fiction movies, which is why for all the visitors there will be waiting unique attractions maintained in this style: iconic cars from both Batman and Transformers movies and robots and aircraft models from Star Wars.
There will be plenty of attractions and events related to aviation and cosmos. On this particular night the Institute of Aviation will provide its visitors modern chassis, materials and repairs laboratories. For the first time the cutting-edge bearing test lab opened in 2014 will be available for visitors. Also opened will be the wind tunnels, including Poland’s largest low-speed tunnel with a diameter of 5 meters. Guests will see the giant CF6 engine and visit educational engine laboratory. Engineers will talk not only about their work for the airline industry, but also for the energy and oil industry.
As always, there will be many interesting planes and helicopters. Guests will also see the latest gyroplanes, Martian rovers, mobile robots, flying drones or flight simulators.
Space fans will observe autumn constellations from the open terrace of the Center for Innovative Aviation and Space Technologies, located at the Institute of Aviation. This place, because of the excellent view of the landing and taking-off aircraft at the Frederic Chopin airport will also be made available for spotters. For them and for all enthusiasts the invitation to the workshop of aerial photography is addressed.
On the day of the event there will be a drone exhibition, which will be displayed until the end of the weekend. The inauguration event will be a conference devoted to drones, which will be held on Thursday, October 15th at the Institute of Aviation.
The Night at the Institute of Aviation cannot take place without the meetings with the most important persons of the aviation industry. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet civilian and military pilots, and also flying clubs, Warsaw airports and student research circles representatives.
For the youngest aviation games will be waiting. There will be an opportunity to be photographed next to legendary and contemporary aircraft, take a look at the fire brigade demonstrations and take part in workshops of ice sculpting.
For the time of the event specially designed illumination of the whole area will be prepared. And for the tired there will be foodtrucks with picnic specialties waiting.
Official website: www.nocwinstytucielotnictwa.pl
Honorary patronage of the “6th Night at the Institute of Aviation”
- European Commission
- Economy Minister
- Minister of Science and Higher Education
- Minister of National Education
- Minister of Infrastructure and Development
- Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship
- President of Warsaw
- President of the Civil Aviation Office
- President of the Polish Federation Of Engineering Associations- NOT
- Mayor of the Włochy District of Warsaw
- President of the Polish Chamber of Commerce for High Technology
- The Chief Commandant of the State Fire Service
- Copernicus Science Centre
- Polish Federation Of Engineering Associations- NOT
- Polish Space Industry Association