On 1st August, 2014 Poland marks the 70. anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising. On this day let us remember about pilots who helped the insurgents risking their lives.
We encourage you to visit the memorial places in Warsaw and surrounding towns.
1. Commemorative plate of British Liberator EW 264 aircraft of 178 Bomber Squadron RAF, Bohaterów Września Alley, on the corner of Na Bateryjce Street.
2. Pedestal at Okęcie airport in honor of the heroic crew of the Liberator EW 105 “G” of 31 Bomber Squadron SAAF, Żwirki Wigury 1 Street.
3. Monument of the South African Air Force airmen, Jagiellońska Street, on the corner of Batalionu Platerówek Street – Liberator KG-871 of 31 Bomber Squadron SAAF.
4. Commemorative plate of South African Air Force airmen on Miodowa 22/24 Street.
5. Monument of the Liberator EV 961 C crew in Skaryszewski Park.
6. Shrine of Our Lady of Loreto, the patron of aviators – monument of Air Base of the Polish Home Army “Łużyce”, on the corner of Żwirki Wigury Street and 17 stycznia Street.
7. RAF Obelisk, Wolska Street, on the corner of Redutowa Street (near Park Wolski).
8. Airmen Hill in Michalin (Józefów, Główna Street).
9. Commemorative plate of Boeing B-17G crew in Dziekanów Leśny – on the premises of the primary school and junior high school, Akinsa 6 Street.