On July 1-4, 2019, an international scientific conference EUCASS 2019 took place in Madrid. The event was attended by engineers, scientists, technologists, managers and leaders of the space industry from around the world. Participants represented leading research institutions and companies such as: Thales Alenia, Ariane Group, DLR, ESA, CNES, JAXA and the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation.
The conference was a forum for presenting the progress in groundbreaking research and projects.
The organizers of the event set themselves the following goals:
- focusing on promising innovations,
- presenting the latest discoveries and
- developing synergies between the academia and industry.
The event was attended by the representatives of the Center of Space Technologies from the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation, who presented the following papers:
- Tobiasz Mayer: Scalability Analysis of Additively Coated Grain for 4 kN High Test Peroxide Hybrid Rocket Motor,
- Jakub Rachucki: Analysis of Scalable Distributed On-board Computer Architecture for Suborbital Rockets and Micro Launchers,
- Paweł Nowakowski: Space Debris Mitigation Using Dedicated Solid Rocket Motor.
Additionally, during the conference, Tobiasz Mayer co-hosted a session on regression rate and combustion instabilities in hybrid engines.
Participation in EUCASS allowed to:
- present, on the global forum, innovative technologies developed at the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation,
- learn about the latest scientific achievements in the field of space engineering from around the world,
- exchange information and opinions with representatives of other research centers around the world
- and establish contacts enabling future scientific cooperation.