The competition is aimed to promote the outstanding achievements of Professor Jan Czochralski and graduates of the first, second and third degrees, who have presented their Bachelor, Master and doctoral theses in the field of scientific and technical activities of Professor Jan Czochralski as well as other scientists carrying out the research works in this field.
For the contest may be submitted scientific works in the field of scientific and technical acitivities of prof. Jan Czochralski, in particular on the following issues:
• the crystallization and recrystallization processes,
• receiving , studying the structure and properties and the use of single crystals,
• preparation and properties of bearing alloys,
• methods for studying the structure of metallic alloys,
• elastic and plastic deformation of metals,
• corrosion tests coupled with the strength tests,
• light metal alloys, their structure, properties and applications.
Also works on areas of scientific and technical prof. Jan Czochralski may be submitted, which are not listed above, but are supported in his work publication reference or other communications.
The Prize of prof. Jan Czochralski is awarded in three categories:
• for the best thesis (engineering, Bachelor’s or Master) in the academic year 2013/14 – the amount of the prize is 5,000 zł .
• for the best doctoral thesis in the academic year 2013/14 – the amount of the prize is 7,500 zł
• for outstanding scientific achievements and / or application – the award may be individual or team; amount of the prize is 20,000 zł.
Applications for the award may be submitted by:
• faculty councils of the universities,
• scientific councils of the institutes and research centers,
• members of the Competition Jury,
• Prof. Jan Czochralski’s Prize winners for outstanding scientific achievements and / or application achievements.
Deadline for application submission is 31 October 2014.
Documents with attachments must be submitted to the secretary’s office of the Competition Jury:
Biuro Rektora Politechniki Warszawskiej (pok. 106)
Pl. Politechniki 1
With the annotation: „Konkurs o Nagrodę im. Prof. Jana Czochralskiego 2014”
For the detailed information please contact Mrs. Joanna Kuźmicz:
Phone.: 22-234-7510; e-mail: email@example.com
ATTACHMENTS (only in Polish):
Application form for the Prize named prof. Jan Czochralski – forms for applicant and author/s (DOC)