The Institute of Aviation has created a new research centre – Center for Space Technologies (CST). It was created by the merger of four laboratories: Space Technology Laboratory, Propulsion Laboratory, Adaptronics Laboratory and Data Processing Laboratory.
The Center for Space Technologies conducts researches in the field of aircraft propulsion, space technology, acquisition and data processing and adaptronics.
Laboratory of Space Technology:
• Designing power systems
• Modeling of injection and mixture formation
• Analysis of combustion processes
• Optimizing the construction due to the thermo- mechanical load
• Numerical simulations missile
• Development of software to facilitate the design process
Laboratory of Propellants :
• Development of innovative technology concentration of hydrogen peroxide for rocket
• Research propellants for solid and hybrid rocket motors
• Compatibility testing of materials
• HTP storage study
• Ignition test HTP with selected fuels
Participation in international projects:
– Pulcher (FP7 ) – as a supplier of samples HTP .
– Continuation of research – working with partners in the project GRASP (FP7).
Aircraft Propulsion Laboratory:
Laboratory of Aviation Propulsion Institute conducts measurement and research
in the following areas :
• Research piston engines (especially with the ignition )
• Attempts dyno jet engines ,
• Measurements of aircraft noise ( in accordance with the provisions of FAR 36 and ICAO 16)
A study of the Work is carried out in laboratories accredited by the PCA.
• Issues diagnose the state of engineering structures (motors, structures , etc. )
• Issues related to MEMS devices (microgyroscopes, sensors)
• Design and calculation of aerospace structures
• Analysis of numerical algorithms for inverse
Laboratory Data Processing:
• Analysis of data
Laboratory was established on the basis of the project implemented in HESOFF :
Impact assessment phosphite fertilizers on forest health condition illustrated by the photovoltaic SDL BSP
1. OBJECTIVE – Study of the health of the forest by using multispectral image analysis of Unmanned Aircraft
2. THE STUDY AREA – stands plates Krotoszyńska
3. THE SCOPE OF RESEARCH – to determine the presence of the pathogen Phytophthora attacking the roots of oak trees and a diagnosis of the effectiveness of different forms of struggle with the pathogen.
The project is co-funded by the European Commission under the LIFE + instrument and the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management
Home page: www.overforests.pl
CST’s mission is to conduct research in the field of space technology for the needs of their implementation by the national and international traders.
Center for Space Technologies will also run in cooperation with the Warsaw University of Technology postgraduate studies “Space Technologies” on the basis of laboratory infrastructure of the Institute of Aviation. In premises of the CNT Polish Space Agency will also be established.
Director of Center for Space Technologies
Leszek Loroch, PhD, Eng.
phone: (+48) 22 846 00 11 ext.838