On June 28, 2019, the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation held the 14th National Rotorcraft Forum. This year’s event attracted 55 experts in the field of rotorcraft from Poland and abroad. Conference participants were welcomed by the deputy general director, Sylwester Wyka.
The conference was divided into four thematic sessions:
- Rotorcraft – history and future,
- Rotorcraft operation – selected topics,
- Design and research.
During the forum, presentations of the following institution representatives were given:
- Widener University, Pennsylvania,USA
- Polonia Technica, New York, USA (Association of Polish Engineers and Technicians Polonia Technica USA),
- NOISE ACH,
- SVANTEK Sp. z o.o.,
- Polish Medical Air Rescue,
- West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin,
- Air Force Institute of Technology,
- Southern Federal University – Russia,
- Polish Air Force University,
- Lublin University of Technology,
- Silesian University of Technology,
- ATO Avioner,
- WB Technology,
- Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Aviation.
The participants of the conference were also students of the Polish Air Force University, for whom the tour to the Institute’s laboratories was organized.
The National Rotorcraft Forum was also an excellent opportunity to present a new and revised edition of the popular book by Ryszard Witkowski “History of the helicopter”. The new publication was prepared and published by the Scientific Publication Division of the Institute of Aviation.